What Are PDO Threads?
PDO threads are absorbable suture material that is placed just under the skin to stimulate collagen production naturally from within.
- In addition to collagen production, PDO threads can be used to contour and lift. Both defining and correcting the effects of age.
- It is one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin will fully absorb the material within 4 to 6 months and will not leave you with any scar tissue.
How Are Threads Placed?
- A pre-loaded needle or cannula is inserted gently into the skin. The PDO thread stays beneath the skin when removing the needle or cannula. Nothing is left behind or sticking out.
- The PDO threads absorb completely in about 6 months leaving behind collagen and visible results lasting one year or longer for most people.
How Do PDO Threads Work?
The increased natural production of collagen causes skin rejuvenation making your skin look younger, firmer and more radiant The effect of using PDO threads as a non-invasive, lunchtime treatment are:
- Lifting effect
- Toning of tissue
- Wrinkle and texture improvement
- Hydrated Skin
Do PDO Threads Hurt?
- We use numbing injections, numbing creams and cool packs to ensure your comfort
- Procedures are quick and easy with most taking less than one hour with minimal downtime.
Restoring The V-Shape
To achieve the best possible result from your treatment, follow these instructions carefully. If you have any questions or problems that are not addressed here, call our office, and we’ll be happy to help.
Neck & Jaw
Although NOVATHREADS can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin (botox) or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.