As we age, certain things happen to our skin. We get more uneven pigmentation, age spots develop, and we gain fine lines and wrinkles. But help is here!
The Nordlys™ Frax 1550 will slow down and even reverse the visible signs of skin aging, removing the age spots and leaving the skin looking fresher and less wrinkled. Even better: there is no significant downtime and you can have a treatment and resume your day immediately.
How Does The Nordlys™ Frax 1550 Work?
The Frax 1550 laser rejuvenates the skin by delivering very small, controlled bursts of heat energy to the treatment area. This unique technology allows the pulse time and energy to be set independently to deliver controlled heat at the appropriate width and depth to meet individual needs. The heat stimulates the production of collagen, which will resurface the skin over time. Because the laser is rolled across the skin, the treatment takes a short time, the surface of the skin is left intact and healing and recovery are quick.
With treatment, you can:
- Improve the appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Treat stretch marks
- Improve skin texture
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Patients with the following skin concerns may be treated:
- Skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles
- Treatment of pink or purple striae (stretch marks)
- Treatment of acne scars, ice-pick scars, rolling scars, boxcar scars, atrophic or hypertrophic scars
- Treatment of surgical or trauma scars
- Treatment of improving and repairing sun damage
- Treatment of minimizing age spots
What Does It Feel Like?
Treatment may be a little uncomfortable but to ensure optimal comfort, topical local anesthetic is applied to the treated area prior to treatment. The laser uses a proprietary cooling built into the system; cool damp air is placed onto the patient’s skin at the point of treatment, increasing comfort. After this wears off you will have a few hours where the skin feels as if you have a light sunburn.
Patients might experience mild redness and swelling, but can follow these tips to improve their comfort:
- Use a cold compress to minimize swelling (if needed)
- Avoid sun exposure during the healing process
- Avoid intense heat from a hot shower or hot tub
- Keep the skin moisturized using approved skincare products
How Many Sessions
Do I Need?
Depending on your skin condition, you may need a few Nordlys™ Frax 1550 treatments to achieve your desired outcome. Multiple sessions are ideal to maintain results and to continually boost collagen production. Our team of experienced providers will work with you to create the most beneficial treatment plan, recommending the ideal number of Fraxel treatments for your specific concerns.
Treatment normally involves the use of a local numbing cream, which is normally applied 30 minutes before treatment. Typically, the treatment procedure itself takes from 20-45 minutes, depending on the size of the area to be treated.
What Can I Expect After My Treatment?
Your results will depend upon the type of issue you would like to improve, as well as the extent of your needs. While every patient reacts differently to treatment, most individuals can see significant improvement in skin tone and texture after a few sessions.
- First 3 days: the skin will look red and possibly swollen. Your skin may appear dehydrated and become dry. To keep the skin healthy during this period, you’ll want to stay hydrated and avoid itching.
- Days 4 – 6: The redness and swelling should start to decrease, though your skin may still look a little dry.
- Day 7+: At this point, your skin might be a little pink and flaky. You can cover this with a mineral make-up or a tinted SPF.
If you go outside, you’ll want to be careful about exposing your skin to the sun. Always wear your SPF and wear a wide-brimmed hat for ultimate protection.
NordLys™ Frax 1550 Top Benefits
- Visibly reduces scars and wrinkles in as little as one treatment
- Sweeps away old and damaged skin cells, including scar tissue
- Inspires collagen production to boost your supple skin
- Stronger settings can rejuvenate more resilient skin on the hands, neck, and décolletage
- Effective on darker skin tones
- Fractional laser technology shortens downtime compared to ablative laser resurfacing
Want To Know More?
If you would like more information about Delray Laser and Medical Spa and the services we provide, give us a call! We can discuss how Nordlys™ Frax 1550 can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. We would be happy to sit down and talk to you about your cosmetic options and answer any questions that you may have.